Monday 21 February 2011

The power of man...

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
- Abraham Lincoln
 
Man is bound to disappoint. Power leads to possessiveness, who would want to give it up? And this is what we are seeing all around the world today. 
 
You know what bothers me? Why didn't we (the western world) speak out when we never agreed with our leaders! 
Many of us didn't agree to go to war and hit the streets to protest against it - but then we gave up.
Many didn't agree for tuition fee hikes and hit the streets to protest against it - but then we gave up.
Many didn't agree on guantanamo bay and hit the streets to protest against it - but then we gave up. 
Did we not have enough passion? Nope, we believed in our cause 110% , but we lacked consistency! 

Mubarak was in power for 30 years but in 18 days he was removed! How? CONSISTENCY!

When you wake up in the morning and feel like having more control at work, think again. I'm sure you've seen it and I definitley have, even at work when you see a person handed more responsibilities they change. The only way they don't is if they fear the people they work FOR. I haven't seen that kind of fear in our leaders since I was born - until now! 
The Arab world has made the entire world look and listen! You may oppress us for so long, but we're simply sleeping lions...when we put our minds and hearts into it we can remove you in the wink of an eye (figuratively speaking obviously - however should you wish to try the method mentioned pls do inform me of the results) I think its time the democratic world also felt the fear, Cameron has come into government (although technically no-one voted for this government!) trying to convince parliament to allow voting reforms. Here's what I say, I hope that he gets what he wants and then I hope and pray the people come out in their millions and show HIM, he doesn't decide who stays in power! I want to see the arrogance of the western leaders squashed!! They are at just as much of a risk - I feel a revolution is bound to hit our lands and when it does...O boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment