Tuesday 31 May 2011

Children of Tomorrow

Children of today are fearless so I can only imagine the state of the children of tomorrow- and it isn't a compliment. Be warned this is a rant!

I was raised "old school" - you got whacked round the head if you were naughty, you never ever in a million years raised your voice to your elders and you sure as hell never answered back (unless you no longer wished to live!) I may not have liked it then, but I appreciate the principles and code of conduct it taught me.

Teenagers/Children today are beyond stupid...i'm speaking from having some interaction with this specimen type. Common sense, is as common as pigs flying to these lot. Respect, I don't think it's part of their vocabulary. Self-respect, almost a myth. I could go on but i'm being to feel a bit sick!

We have teens yelling at their parents saying they'll do whatever they want cos they can! Telling anyone and everyone they want to have a relationship/get married - without even realising what that entails! I fear for them! I seriously feel like a lot of the youth today is delusional, they live in a bubble which their parents have carefully constructed only for it to turn on them and realise their kids haven't got a clue what the world they live in is like.

Another thing that vexes me! PARENTS! Parents are going bonkers!
I've worked at a nursery and an after school club. I have watched parents ASK their child to leave because they have to get somewhere else urgently. Why is this parents ASKING their child!!?? I have seen a parent plead with their child to leave and the child KICKS this parent and all she said was "no <childs name>" not even in an angry tone! I'm all for parents dictating to their child to a certain degree. The parent is suppose to nurture the child not only physically but mentally. Instil discipline, rewards and punishments. Allow the child freedom to choose, when they're old enough let them pick breakfast, but make sure they take the dishes to the sink or if your child is really young (2yrs+) then have a box in which they place the dish after its been used. However, if he/she picks the cereal then they must finish it all...no ifs/buts. No more wasting food!! Again, maybe its the old school in me, but if a child don't like the meal DO NOT throw it away! The child either eats it or goes without and has to wait for till snack time. Save the meal for later - either you eat it or try it again later with your child.



This blasé attitude of parents, using the excuse that their child is young is bloody careless of them! If you do not teach your child to respect you, the authority figure, then he/she is never going to respect anyone. If you do not teach your child to clean up after his/herself then he/she will never appreciate the effort that goes into everything they take for granted.Seriously, a child is not just a piece of you but that child is a part of society. You need to nurture him/her to be the best example for society...teach them to respect others, respect themselves, to give in charity, to set the best examples and most importantly to aim high and work hard to achieve goals.

End of rant. Have a great evening fellow earthlings...(I'm going to continue ranting but in my head :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment